Virility is associated with a hormone produced mainly by the testicles: testosterone. From the age of 30, blood testosterone levels start to drop, but don’t worry, we are going to reveal here a series of natural methods to increase testosterone production and maintain high levels.
Erectile dysfunction, sexual appetite, depression, problems with concentration, and memory are just some of the aspects in which testosterone plays a very important role.
In addition to being essential in male sexuality, testosterone fulfills other extremely relevant functions, helping to preserve bone density, levels of red blood cells in the blood, and the feeling of well-being. Here are some ways to maintain or boost your testosterone level:
1. Lose weight
Excess weight does not help. To be more manly, you might want to lose those extra pounds. According to several studies by the Endocrine Society, overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels. There are only two solutions for this: be careful with your diet and exercise more.
- Forget about sugars! Testosterone levels decrease after eating sugar. It is necessary to reduce or eliminate the sugar you eat with food and drink.
- Decrease or eliminate alcohol consumption.
- Eat a healthy diet based on vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats.
- Bet on these foods: oysters, eggs, beef, garlic, and broccoli, which are known to promote testosterone production.
- Put on your sneakers and gain the strength to go to the gym. The sacrifice will be worth it. You will see a significant improvement in your health and physical condition as you lose weight and become stiffer, which, therefore, will have a positive impact on your self-esteem.
2. High-intensity exercises and strength training
High-intensity exercise increases testosterone levels and prevents their deterioration. Several formulas can help you to raise the levels of this hormone. But, be careful, you should always consult your doctor to not have a counterproductive effect.
- Warm-up and stretch (as you should always do before any workout).
- Perform exercises as fast and as heavy as possible, in sets of 30 seconds.
- Rest and do breathing exercises for 90 seconds. Then repeat the same process six or seven times.
- For example, increase the weight and reduce the number of repetitions with weights or bars.
- Focus on exercises that work a greater number of muscles, such as lifting dead weight or squats.
Conduct training sessions at a slow pace.
By slowing down the movement, the training becomes a high-intensity exercise. And for those who have problems with urine loss, the trick is to work the trunk.
Suffer from incontinence and ashamed to go to the gym? There is a large percentage of middle-aged men who suffer from the same problem and that is not why they change their way of life, let alone go to places where they can exercise their bodies.
3. Zinc is a good ally
This mineral is important for the production of testosterone. Meat and fish are foods rich in zinc, as are raw milk, raw cheese, beans, and yogurt or kefir made from raw milk.
4. Reduce stress
When a man suffers from stress or is stressed, the body releases high levels of cortisol, a hormone that blocks the effects of testosterone.
Emotional intelligence, meditation, yoga, knowing how to laugh at yourself, sleep, and rest well, a positive outlook on life…these are just a few techniques to reduce stress.
5. Sexual stimuli
A simple erection raises testosterone levels. When sexually stimulated, the levels of this important hormone soar. On the contrary, if you do not feel sexually aroused for long periods, this lowers testosterone levels in your blood and it will be increasingly difficult to stimulate yourself. Explore the thousand and one forms of eroticism and enjoy it.